Countless businesses must decide whether to use a cloud server or an in-house server. If you are currently contemplating this choice, you may already know of the various factors impacting your decision. Cloud services are convenient, but a Bay Area IT company knows that in-house servers offer more control over data. You should consider both options carefully to determine which one is the best for your Bay Area IT solutions.
Bay Area IT Company Pros and Cons – Cloud Server or In-House Server?
Cloud servers certainly offer a variety of appealing features, but their drawbacks might not work for your business let a Bay Area IT company help you understand your options. These are the primary benefits associated with servers managed in the cloud:
- Cloud services may be less expensive than in-house hardware. This is perfect for a small business with little to spend on new equipment.
- Data may be accessed from any location. Thus, cloud-based servers are more convenient for businesses frequently requiring remote access.
- Many cloud service providers offer on-demand services, so you can utilize them as you need. This means that your business need only pay for its requested options.
Here are the main drawbacks related to using a cloud server:
- If your internet service is interrupted, downtime can be detrimental to your business. If your business depends on online transactions, losing even a small amount of up-time could harm your bottom line.
- Customer service may cost more than what your budget allows. While you may have access to technical support, you could be required to pay a significant monthly fee for consulting it.
- Your data could be directly exposed to third party services. Thus, proprietary information or sensitive details about clients could be at risk.
Like cloud servers, in-house servers come with their own set of pros and cons. Consider the following benefits of using an in-house server:
- Your business has greater control over sensitive data with an in-house server. Since you will have actual, local control over your company’s data, this a good choice for a business with sensitive information that must be protected by a Bay Area IT company.
- Internet connection is not necessary for you to access information. Thus, in relation to data retrieval, internet downtime will not affect your business.
- Problems may be internally managed by your IT support. Your business doesn’t need to pay an additional fee for customer service.
These are some of the negatives you may face with an in-house server:
- Obtaining an in-house server involves a considerable investment in both infrastructure and hardware as well as hiring or enlisting a Bay Area IT Company.
- While your most important data is often less susceptible to third party access, it could be exposed to insiders with a nefarious agenda. This could jeopardize client relations and profits.
- Your business requires physical space to store in-house server hardware. You might also need to hire an internal IT team or outsource to an IT managed services provider.
Need the Best Bay Area IT Company for Your Business?
Every business has a unique set of needs based on its infrastructure. Only you can decide what type of server makes the most sense for your companies IT solutions. The Bay Area IT support team at Eaton & Associates can help you explore the options, so feel free to contact us for assistance. Give us a call at 415-282-1188 or use our online contact form.
Eaton & Associates, based in the Bay Area for more than 28 years, we provide IT Support Services & Products to a wide range of clients, including Government, Enterprise, Small and Medium Business and Non-Profit Organizations. Services include: Managed IT Services, Professional IT Solutions, and IT Project Management & Bay Area IT Consultant. Eaton & Associates is a strategic partner with most technology vendors such as HP Enterprise & Aruba Networks, Palo Alto Networks, Nutanix, Nimble Storage, Cisco, Rubrik, Dropbox for Business, Dell, VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, Apple, and many more top technology vendors.